Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Weather trying to test my commitment!

2 weekly update and it is pouring with rain as I write this:(  
A bit of a hurdle to overcome with training and a good test of  my commitment!  We have had sunny days, cold days, wet days and the dreaded frost all in the last 2 weeks!
Today I'm supposed to be doing a 30min run test, to see how close I can get to 5km.  Looking at the weather, it will not happen today - it is cold and raining and I am a wuss!
Last week we had our first real frost, thankfully it wasn't  Wednesday  - Swim Squad Day - guessing we will have a few more of these to come.  Something to look forward to in a few weeks is the shortest day of the year - does that mean summer is comming already?
RATS Winter Duathlon - Long Course Start
 
Sunday May 26th, the RATS had their first Winter Duathlon - (poured down the night before), but on the day it was perfect weather with a wee bit of mud on the trails.  I entered the long course - 4.5k run, 18k MTB, 3k run  -and had a bit of a melt down before even leaving home.  Silly, as I knew I could run the distance & could ride the course - but the 3 lap run was doing my head in.  The head was in a much better state by the time I left home and once I started I had no problems with the course - did help heaps having my good friend Jo running & riding with me along with her words of encouragement.  And then there were all the wonderful volunteers and supporters out there with words of encouragement to the end.
Queens Birthday Weekend, and I started the Saturday with Swim Squad, home for breakfast and out for the 60km Bunch Ride, working on riding down hills while still pedalling and not braking.  This did mean we had to ride down, then back up the same hill for another go.  And keeping with the tradition, Hot Choc & Muffin at Lime Cafe.  Quiet like those Bunch Rides:)
Down then up then down!
Last Monday I went to a Nutrionalist - Belinda - who will hopefully put me on the right track on what to eat while training.  Besides needing to ditch some body fat and increase some lean muscle, I have been given an eating plan for 2 weeks.  The biggest change was the protein shakes and eating more protein.  The hardest part was Queens Birthday Weekend when we had friends staying for the 3D Muiltisport Event.  Unfortunately I have had a few treats over the weekend, but I have still have a week to get back on track before my next appointment - watch this space....
 
And that pretty much wraps up my last 2 weeks of training - and it is still raining as I finish this:(
 
Hopefully cold wet days won't ruin to many training days.
 
And quote of the week

- I left mine at home on the morning of the Duathlon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment