Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Weeks of Firsts

The last 2 weeks have been the week of firsts -
Saturday 11 May - my first bunch ride with RATS (Rotorua  Association of Triathletes & Multisport).  They are in my training plan now, plus the bunch rides have been revamped and reworded with a short ride coming back to the start then those who want can continue on a longer ride.  I had been avoiding these - in all honesty I found excuses all last winter - but now the time has come - The first time I turn up, there has to be about 30 people of all different levels.  (Usually the bunch rides have been about 10).  The plan was a short ride around the lake, and those wanting to do the longer ride continue to Spencer Road and back.   Max, Lousie and I  created a middle group and added the Okareka Loop in after the lake, perfect distance and time for my plan.  Last Saturday I went for Bunch Ride number 2 in the drizzle and it was great, the bunch seperated into 3 groups, a few k's in, and I stayed with the middle  group - perfect for me.  And the bonus is we start and finish at Lime Cafe, so the ride was finished with a hot choc plus a Lemon & Lime muffin - Yum.  This Saturday I have a rest day as I'm doing the RATS Winter Duathlon, but looking forward to the following Saturday.   The Bunch rides are so much more social and easier than riding by yourself.  Just took me a long time to find this out!  I was more worried that I would be holding the group up, so didn't go last year.
My other first was last Thursday - my first RATS Spin Class - and once again it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I hadn't been avoiding these in the past, just didn't feel the need to go as I mountain bike all through the winter - haha that didn't help a lot in the Ironmaori Bike, lesson learn't 'I need time on the road bike!'
And the whinge of the week - I Don't Like Tuesday - sprint day, but having to harden up and get over it and try find the love:)

And my quote for this week sums up the Sprint sessions




No comments:

Post a Comment