Week 7/42 to go.... where has the time gone, I can't believe today is the beginning of week 7 with Coach Zippy.
Time Flies..... maybe a bit to fast.... I decided to start counting the weeks to Ironman 2014 & have inserted them into my training plan each Monday... and the weeks are flying - Week 7 already! Eventually the scale will tip and it will be Week 42/7 to go - now that is a scarey thought at the mo.
The big question - How am I going and feeling?
Some weeks are hard, and I'm tired - I look at whats coming and cringe, wishing I could wrap myself up and ignore everything - but training goes on, and at the end of the week it hasn't been as hard as I first thought.
I had a tapering week 2 weeks ago in preparation for the NZSS (New Zealand Single Speeds) Haha Coach Zippy may have been racing it - I was there for the dress up and beer shortcuts, so tapering wasn't really necessary, but I took it anyway. For those of you who don't know about the NZSS, it is a race on a Mountain bike with one gear, 3 laps (35km), beer shortcut each lap, dress up, and winner gets a tattoo and the rest of us come 2nd=, and a run start to find your bike - yes everyones bike had been moved from where we left them so first we had to find them.
Photos - Left Coach Zippy & Me, and Right Penny, Lee-Anne & Mandy

![]() |

Once the NZSS were over I was back into Ironman training and with the week planned I wanted to crawl under a rock. It included 3 swims, 3 bikes & 3 runs - sounds Ok but the bike included a solo 60k TT - 60ks with no one to talk to! and a TURBO bike session - 1 min fast/1 min easy/2 min fast/2 min easy/3 min fast/3 min easy all the way to 7 mins fast but the easy never got longer than 3 mins. From feedback I found it was best to do on a wind trainer. But wait there was more - 3 runs, 45 min & the 1 hour 15 mins I could cope with (I have not found the love of running yet), but then there was the 4x5min fast with 3 min recovery in between, and that was hard. Looking back over last week, it wasn't as bad as I had first thought, BUT I see that the 4x5min run is included again this week - and that was the thorn of last week - guess I will have to suck it up and get on with it. On the positive it is a group ride in the weekend so I may just may be able to talk a bit:)

In the words of Dory... 'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming' - this can be replaced with 'just keep training, just keep training'. As you said, training's not as bad as what it first seems on that first glance of it. I have learnt a trick to only look at the day ahead of me, not the whole week or it seems daunting! Keep up the hard work, it will pay off in the end..
ReplyDelete