Saturday, 30 March 2013

Congratulations

It's official - I am entered! 

Dear Lee-Anne
Congratulations on becoming part of History! You are now entered for the 2014 IRONMAN New Zealand – the world’s original international IRONMAN. We are delighted to confirm your entry for the 30th anniversary event

Entry confirmed, accommodation booked, met coach for discussion on what to expect.... things looking good.
The above two paragraphs say it all, I have entered and training has commenced with Coach Zippy.

And how stressful was it to enter... lucky I had work in the morning to keep me occupied.  With 8 mins to go, I'm sitting in front of the computer waiting, waiting and waiting... After a few attempts at hitting the 'Enter here' at 11.58am it suddenly opened.  My fingers turned to rubber, and the heart rate rose... and then came so many questions including 'What is your estimated swim, bike, run and finish times' - What do I put, something had to go in the boxes and I had no real idea.  With shaking fingers I entered swim 1.38, bike 7.30, run 5.45 and finish 15.15.  Having no idea what will happen after the swim or even how that will go they were a random estimate.  And then there is the transition times to take into account to get the finish time.  Will be interesting to make another estimate in 6 and 9 months time.  All of a sudden there was the final button to enter, and I hestitated... "what am I doing" then I hit the button and the confirmation appeared.  I had done it! But there was no celebration, no jumping up and down, I think I was in shock. It took about an hour before I wanted to jump and down and celebrate.  That night we had a few wines at Steff Kidd's place with Teri Tomoana, the 3 Ironman Virgins, plus a few other friends some who were already Ironmen.



Training -
Week 1 completed, with 49 more to go!  We have 2 weeks on the plan, to fine tune everything, and work out how it will work, then it will become more personalized.  First week - 3 swims, 2 runs, a run clinic, 2 road rides &  MTB.  Tomorrow is a rest day phew!  Looking forward to Week 2, but that won't be the case every week.  There will be fun & laughter, tears, tiredness and lots of moaning - friends have been warned. 

Just to finish a good week off, Ironmaori (Half Ironman) entries opened 7am this morning and sold out in 12 minutes - I was one of the lucky ones who got through:)

The journey has begun.......
 





No comments:

Post a Comment