3 weeks of my training plan completed:) 46 weeks to go!
Last week my training included 2 biking reps up Mountain Road, Ngongotaha after a 30 min warm up. The only way I was going to get this done without dragging the chain and delaying it, was to ride to work, take food, and as soon as I finished work I would be on my way. Lucky for me, I work casually at Aquaplus - water, water and more water, we label our water with Corporate Branding so I can drink water while at work non stop if I so wish. No excuse for me to be dehydrated now. Finished at 11am, with a quick change and some food I was on my way. The first rep was pretty good for me, cadence was constant and I stayed in my seat - I was following instuctiuons - a quick drink stop at the top and 6+ minutes later I was at the bottom of Mountain Road. This next rep, didn't quiet go to plan - yes I stayed in my seat, but no, cadence was not consistant, in fact the first 1km it was all over the place and just survival to get past the steep part, and then it settled down, but nowhere as good as the first rep. Something I'll have to work on, and I know for a fact I have at least 2 more weeks of Mountain Road to try again.
.jpg)
That was Friday - the Saturday I had a 2 hour Mountain Bike ride on my Single Speed. Mandy & Penny came along for company (plus we have all entered the NZSS nationals in 2 weeks, so some training was required), and we had a great time. Sad to say the ride came to a sudden stop when we ended up having to guide an ambulance, medics then some firemen into the Rollercoster where a girl had gone over the handle bars and was likely to be carried out - hence the firemen.
Was a reality check - take care - things can go wrong while out training - and always carry a small first aid kit including a survival blanket. 10 days earlier I had used my survival blanket, when one of the guys in our MTB group broke a collar bone as the sun was setting, and Saturday I needed it agin, but didn't have it on me.
With that in mind, I had a nice easy 45 mins recovery ride around the Sulphur Point Track on Sunday with Janet & Jo. (with my First Aid Kit & blanket).
So good to have friends who will keep me company on some of my training rides.
Week 4 starts tonight with a swim in the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment