Wahoo - the Countdown is on to Ironman 2014. Reality has hit after watching Ironman Taupo on Saturday. Those athletes were amazing and so inspriational - from Bevan Docherty who broke the Taupo course record in his first Ironman to the last female home with 30 seconds before the cut off. And then there was the guy who missed the cut off, but with pure grit, physical and mental attitude, finished after 1am. What a feat, for everyone who competed and finished, and the thousands of supporters lining the streets clapping and cheering. Without those supporters, us athletes would be struggling.
Now it is my turn to become an IRONMAN in 51 weeks & 5 days:) Have just heard entries open March 14th, and I'm excited and petrified - excitrified.
My training has been relaxed since Christmas, now the time has come to get into a routine and continue my journey to the start line on 1 March 2014 at 7am.
Coach Zippy Hugh Bootten has taken up the challenge to get me to the finish line, (think he deserves a medal for that alone), and I will do everything I can to listen, but I can't guarantee I will do it without a moan or two thrown in along the way. I have Steff & Teri as training buddies also travelling this Ironman Journey, and a good group of friends and family for supporters. The following photos sums up my thoughts.......
Now watch this space for confirmation of enty

No comments:
Post a Comment