2013 arrived too fast, and I wasn't quiet ready for it! With a busy December ending 2012, and a camping trip to plan for 2013, time ran a lot faster than my running.
Along with Ironmaori, a 50th, team for Rotorua Half Ironman, and Christmas, somewhere in between I found the time to upgrade my road bike to nice shiny Advanti Questa.
Only problem at the moment is finding time to ride it. I have done one easy 20k ride.
Life's pace changed after Christmas - from 5.30am starts to 7.30am roll out of beds, from swimming 2 kms to diving into the waves to wake up, from running kms to walking to the long drops or beach, and from biking kms to biking around the DOC camps, just so I could say I used my bike on holiday!
The last 4 weeks I have DOC camped up Far North for 3 weeks and had the last 2 days playing and skiing in the lakes around Rotorua. Plus not to mention the pies, ice creams and other food I managed to consume while driving between camp sites.
I'm still struggling to believe I actually stayed in bed to 7.30am, (ask most of my friends and they won't believe me). I managed to fill in the days swimming and generally not doing much, and still seemed to need sleep at night.
As much as I loved my camping trip, I am looking forward to getting back into some sort of routine next Monday. I feel like my fitness has been left behind in 2012!
So to my mind the New Taining Year is starting on Monday, and I have started to mentally prepare myself and body for the shock.
No comments:
Post a Comment