Thursday, 8 November 2012

3 Weeks & 3 Days to go

This time in 3 weeks and  3 days, I  should be off my bike and into my 21km run to complete my first half Ironman. 
At the beginning, Ironmaori seemed ages away, and now reality is starting to sink in.  Weeks ago I was pretty confident, my training was going as planned, the weather was warming, now that confidence has left me a bit.  My biking hasn't been as regular as I would have liked, and my running as been even more irregular, swimming is the only thing 3 times per week as planned.  In the last 8 weeks or so, I have done the City to Surf 12km run, Day Night Thriller MTB 12 hour in a team, and  last week the Big Bang Adventure Race - these events seem to have played a bit of havoc with my training - my excuse has been resting for the weekend, or recovering after the weekend.
 
Well no more excuses, I have 3 weeks to step up the training - starting with a mini triathlon this weekend with Steff Kidd. A 1km swim in the lake, 40km bike ride and a 10km run.
Before heading to Otaki last week, I had a swim in Pandora Pond - pretty sure the tide was turning so no current, and the water was warm - ideal swimming conditions for the event.  Slightly worrying is the air temperature, the 2 days I was in Napier if was hot compared to Rotorua.  I love the sea, sun and warmth, but I'm not too keen on running 21km in the heat.  BUT I will deal with it on the day.
So now the countdown is on to a full on December - Ironmaori Half Ironman, 50th Party, Bike leg of Rotorua Half Ironman, then it Christmas weekend.  In between the weekends is our MTB Xmas ride to a lookout over Rotorua with a few drinks, the RATS Xmas Party, and a few other social Xmas sessions thrown in.  And not to forget the good old training planning that appears day after day - except Fridays:)  And the planning for the big 5-0 party.  What a way to end the year:)


Quote of the day...



No comments:

Post a Comment