Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Feeling Great

Isn't it great to be alive, fit and motivated - thats me:)

I'm on a real high at the moment and feel I can achieve anything.  Guess this high will crash sooner or later, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
The Taupo Half Marathon gave me a boost in the running side, knowing I can run 21km.   I know from last year I can bike Lake Taupo after only about five  50-60km road rides plus my Mountain biking, and at present I'm swimming 3 times a week, 2 swim squads and one with friends cruising up and down the lane - approx 6.5kms in total per week.
Have backed off my running distances to concentrate on some hills - the last 2 weeks I have done the Purple track in the Redwoods, approx 11km with 3 good hills (for me anyway).  The run up the hill is as slow as my walk, but I did run, impressing even myself.  The only downside is my road riding, and running off the bike, which I really need to get stuck into, as I can't rely on my mountain biking like last time.
But as I said, everything is coming together 12 weeks out from Ironmaori and I feel pretty confident.  So confident in fact, that the other day I started drawing up a training plan for Ironman, just a start with dates on it and marking other events that will be happening throughout that 12 months from March 2013.
Next event for me is this Saturday - Team Menstral Cycles for the 12 hour Mountain Bike Event - The Day Night Thriller in Taupo:) Always a fun weekend away.
Spring is here, the days are getting lighter and warmer, and I'm loving life:)


And quote off the month is...

No comments:

Post a Comment