MAD - my training buddie Steff introduced me to this word, and she wasn't implying I was mad, - well I don't think so - but Motivated and Determined or Motivated and Driven.
Excitrified! - also a new word which sums up my feelings about entering a Half Ironman. (This word was introduced to me by Toni Hodge and Ironjack - Jacky James
Along with adding these words to my journey, I have entered a team into the Rotorua Half Ironman, with me doing the biking. This comes 2 weeks after (hopefully) finishing the Ironmaori. A 30sec conversation at swim squad to one of the guys - "Would you be keen if I entered a team , to do the swim" Pretty sure I heard a yes! So home I went and entered, Ross swimming, me biking and Julie running! Now just had to tell Julie she was running a half marathon - well thats what friends are for:) A quick text to Julie -" um um um by the way....". and now she is Excitrified! (Julie just happens to be an injured MTB friend who has started running with me, and has no interest in doing a triathlon).
Running off the bike!!!! Words cannot describe!!
Have finished 2 RATS (Rotorua Association of Triathletes and Multisports) mid winter duathlons - 3km run/9km MTB/1.5km run and after a run, bike then having to get the legs going off bike for last run - well I'm looking for a printable word for that! The only thought that crossed my mind and which a friend kindly put into words - "How the hell am I going to do Ironman" when that was a mission of sorts!
So with 22 weeks to go to Ironmaori and 24 weeks to Rotorua Half Ironman, I'm Excitrified! Training is on track - ran 15kms on Sunday and that is after 6km on Saturday and a 2km swin squad - yes I think I can nearly call myself a runner of sorts! In a few weeks will start getting the bike kms up, and then will start running off the bike - and that will be another story!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment