Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Two Years To Go

Well Ironman 2012 was a weather bomb!  Now the countdown is on for the next two years - well for some for us.
Thought I'd share my training week, and see where it goes in the next 2 years with updates along the way.


Training as it stands - with the odd extra bit of random training thrown in:)
Monday         Gym Circuit - morning
                    Aquathon or Open Water Swim alternating weeks - evening
                    750m swim/5.5km run or 1.8km swim

Tuesday         Core & Sprint Training - morning


Wednesday    Swim Squad Drills & Swim 2km - morning
                      MTB 20km - evening


Thursday       Gym Pump - morning
                    Troutfly 5.5km run - fortnightly
                    
Friday           Day Off


Saturday       Swim Squad Drills & Swim 2km - morning


Sunday         MTB 20km


Thoughts are -
- I really need to find the enjoyment of running, and get out there and do some more, as I seem to avoid it at all costs.  I also really need to start getting on my road bike on Saturdays, but have a few events coming up, so will need to factor in more rest days before each of them.


Events Coming Up -
  • Short Course Triathlon in Auckland 24 March - 1km swim/30km ride/7km run
  • Adventure Race in Napier 31 March - 6 hours
  • NZSS Nationals in Nelson 21 April - weeks hoilday down in Nelson
Will get these events over, and will try, try, try make an effort to up the training.  Also by this stage, hopefully I will be entered in Ironmaori (Half Ironman)  in December and will need to step up my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment