Saturday, 3 March 2012

Out of Your Control!

Some things you just can't control -
  • no matter how much training you have done
  • how prepared you are for Ironman
  • how many supporters you have
You have no control of the weather, and 2012 Ironman atheletes have just found that out. A weather bomb has hit the North Island with gale force winds forecast, which has forced Event Organisers to cancel Ironman for the first time since Ironman has been in Taupo. In 2006, the event was changed to a duathlon - 90km ride/21km run, but this year Ironman has been cancelled and will now be a 70.3 (Half Ironman) on Sunday. Guttering for all those Ironman who have done the hard yards to get them to the start line. I'm guttered for you guys and I'm not even doing it!
And if I was doing it, I think I'd be crying with disappointment or maybe relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment