Friday, 2 March 2012

About Me (and where I'm at)


For years I have watched Ironman, Taupo and thought I can do this, then the other side of the brain kicks in the following day, and thinks aaarrrrggghh! NO way, don't be silly.
Me - do an Ironman - WOW. 
I've finally nearly made the commitment - won't be 100% commited till the entry fee is paid:)
My name is Lee-Anne and I'm turning 50 this year, married and have 2 children. And now want to add Ironman to that intro.
Then a few weeks ago, and over a glass of wine, I found out my neighbour Steff Kidd has the same goal, so here we are, about to embark on a journey side by side.
SO.......
Ironman 2014 here we come....
I'm scard that I may fail, scared of putting it in writing, scared of commiting to Ironman, but at the same time I'm excited. 
I will give it my best shot and see where this journey takes me.


Where I'm at now -
I survived Tinman 2011 with little training, my first triathlon since doing a Special K Tri, many years ago.
I've started swimming with a Masters swim squad - Lane 1 - the slowest, have purchased a wetsuit, struggled in the lake the first few times wearing it, can now swim 1800m in the Blue Lake with a few stops.
I have a road bike, randomly used -  After 4 training rides of 60km, I completed Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge 2011 in 8 hours 25mins and a hell of a lot of wind blowing on the day.
Running - well everyone tells me it will become enjoyable - I'm still waiting for that day.  I manage to run very slowly for 5km when I have to, but haven't found that space where I just decide to go for a run for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment