Friday, 6 April 2012

Ironmaori Countdown has begun

Well I've entered the Ironmaori -  (Half Ironman) 2km swim/90km ride/21km run.  2000 entries sold out in 8 mins.  I'm one very lucky chicky:)  The countdown is now on - 9 months to go.  There is not really a lot I can do at the moment, except maintain my fitness, get core muscle group stonger, and prepare mentally.  Six months out from the event I will start following a programme which should enable me to complete the Ironmaori on 1 December 2012. 
This morning my neighbour, fellow Ironman to be Steff Kidd and I joined a few others and biked around Ngongotaha.  Kevin, already an Ironman had got this group together and has been training a few of them who have entered the Ironmaori 1/4.  I'm hoping we can join them in their journey to Ironmaori and we can all motivate each other.

I also think it is time I made this blog public to my friends, so I am about to put the link on facebook.  Another step climbed up the ladder of fear of Ironman.

Next blog I'm adding a face to the name of Steff, as her name will be popping up alot along our journey in the next 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment