Tuesday, 25 February 2014

4 more Tapering Days!

Can I, Can't I, Will I, Won't I, Shall I!

That's what I asked myself about 2 years ago this month after watching Ironman.  From that point it still took another 6 or 7 months to make a commitment. During those months I joined a swim squad and entered a Half Ironman.
Toward the end of that year I also met my neighbour Steff Kidd, and over a bottle of wine or two - a date was set Ironman 2014!

And here I am - the week leading towards the Big Day.  Surprisingly I feel quiet calm and relaxed.  Last night was a bit different and it was a 'holy f@##' moment when I was trying to pack my swim, bike and run bags.  I had the list and another list and another list....... and probably another list, but there was still that moment of panic  when I was thinking have I got everything.  'Keep calm and relax' I have a list or few and its only Tuesday, people are coming down to Taupo over the next few days and there are shops in Taupo - this got me through that night.

Now the questions - Have I done the training, Could I have done more, How many sessions did I miss that I really could have done?   I think I could have done a bit more, but if I had another 2 months training time it would make no difference - I am over the training and ready for the big day, and what will be, will be.  I have done my best, and I'm sure I have the mental energy to get me to the end.

Now its time to head to Taupo this afternoon, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the week with the small training sessions on the course.

Some photos from work - for the last 2 weeks a countdown and quote has gone up on a motivational wall






No comments:

Post a Comment